Application Procedure to Submit JEE Main 2014 Application Online
Fill the Online Application Form, choose your Password and note down system generated Application Number.
The candidate should supply all the details while filling the Online Application Form and also required to choose PASSWORD and Security Question and enter his/her Answer. After successful submission of the data, Application number will be generated and it will be used to complete the remaining Steps of the Application Form and also required for all future correspondence. For subsequent logins, candidate will be able to login directly with his/her respective system generated Application Number and chosen Password.
- Upload Scanned Images of Photograph, Signature and Thumb impression.
- The scanned images of photograph, Signature and thumb impression should be in jpg/jpeg format only.
- Size of the photo image must be greater than 4 kb and less than 100 kb.
- Size of the signature image must be greater than 1 kb and less than 30 kb.
- Size of the thumb impression image must be greater than 1 kb and less than 30 kb.
- Dimension of photograph image should be 3.5 cm(width) x 4.5 cm(Height) only.
- Dimension of signature image and thumb impression image should be 3.5 cm (length) x 1.5 cm (Height) only.
NOTE : The Candidate will be able to modify/correct the particulars before the payment of fees.
Once the payment of fee has been made / e-Challan downloaded, candidate particulars cannot be edited.
Pay Examination Fee by debit / credit card or e-Challan of Syndicate / Canara / ICICI Bank :
Payment by Debit / Credit Card
The candidate has to select Debit / Credit Card option to pay the application fee and follow the online instruction to complete the payment of fee. After successful payment, candidate will be able to print the Acknowledgement Page.
Payment by Bank e-challan
The candidate has to select bank (Syndicate/Canara/ICICI) to deposit the application fee through e-Challan mode. As soon as he/she selects, an e-Challan will be generated containing specific details of the candidate along with amount to be paid. The candidate has to take a printout of the same and take it to the nearest branch of the selected bank for making payment. After the confirmation of fee deposited from Bank/CBSE, the candidate will be able to print the Acknowledgement Page.
Selection of date/slot of Computer Based Examination of Paper – 1 – The candidate, who has opted for Computer Based Examination of Paper – 1, should select the date/slot after payment of Examination Fee. The candidate, who does not select the date/slot till 26/12/2013, will be allotted the date/slot on random basis depending upon availability.
Instructions for Password
- During online form filling, candidate will be required to choose PASSWORD and Security Question and its Answer.
- Candidate is advised to record/remember their password for all future logins.
The Password should be selected by keeping these rules in mind.
- Password must be 8 to 13 character long.
- Password must have at least one Upper case alphabet.
- Password must have at least one Lower case alphabet.
- Password must have at least one numeric value.
- Password must have at least one special characters eg.!@#$%^&*-
For subsequent logins, candidate will be able to login directly with their respective system generated Application Number and the chosen Password.
- Candidate is advised not to disclose or share their password with anybody. Neither CBSE nor NIC will be responsible for violation or misuse of the password of a candidate.
- Candidate can change his/her passwords after login, if desired.
- Candidate should remember to log out at the end of their session so that the particulars of the candidate cannot be tampered or modified by unauthorized persons.
How to reset your Password
You can reset Password by following methods
- Using Security Question & its Answer you chosen during Form filling .
- Using a verification code sent via text message (SMS) to your Registered Mobile No.
- Using a reset link sent via Email to your Registered Email address.
Click Here To Fill the Applicaion Form
[Select Apply for JEE]
Instructions & Important Points About JEE Online Application
Additional processing charge to be paid when using credit or debit card for paying fees
- Credit Card - 1.20 % of the examination fee plus the service tax as applicable.
- Debit Card - 0.75 % +taxes for examination fee up to Rs.2000 and 1% +taxes for examination fee more than Rs.2000.
- From this year the JEE Main 2014 application has been made completely online.
- The candidates are advised not to send hard copy of the application to the Secretariat.
- However, the candidates are advised to retain hard copy of the application i.e. confirmation page for future reference or correspondence, if any.
- Candidates may check the status of their application on JEE Main website.
- Candidates are allowed to submit only one application form. More than one application from a candidate will be rejected.
- The name of the candidate and his / her parents name in the application form must exactly be the same as registered in Class 12th/ equivalent qualifying Examination. No prefix/title such as Mr / Shri / Fr / Dr / Mrs / Smt / Col etc should be used.
- Application fee once paid will not be refunded (full or partial) under any circumstances.
- No options can be changed at a later stage after submission of an application. However, a chance may be given to the candidates to correct / modify some of the particulars of the application form online only, with valid reason(s), during the month of Jan 2014. The candidates are advised to see the website and newspaper regularly to know the exact date when the corrections / modifications will be allowed online.
- No change will be accepted through offline i.e. through fax/application including e-mail etc.
- The fee may be paid either by credit/debit card or through e-challan generated during the online filling of the application form. In case of e-challan, the payment should be made in the Syndicate/Canara/ICICI Bank in cash.
The candidates should select the cites of examination as per their choice of paper mode
Choices Available for PAPER -1 (B.E./B.TECH.)
- PEN & PAPER BASED
- COMPUTER BASED EXAMINATION
Choices Available for PAPER-2(B.ARCH./B .PLANNING)
- PEN & PAPER BASED
Choices Available when selecting Both Paper – 1 and Paper – 2
- PEN & PAPER BASED for both the Papers
- COMPUTER BASED EXAMINATION for Paper – 1 and PEN & PAPER BASED for Paper – 2
Note: The candidates choosing the cities Colombo / Kathmandu / Singapore will appear for Paper – 1 in Computer Based Examination only on 19/04/2013. The Paper – 2 in these three cities will be conducted on 06/04/2013 from 2.00–5.00 PM (IST) in Pen & Paper Based examination.
- The Hon’ble High Court of Delhi alone will have the jurisdiction to settle and decide all matters and disputes related to JEE Main – 2014.
- The offer of admission shall be subject to verification of original certificates/ documents at the time of admission. If any candidate is found ineligible at a later date even after admission to an Institute, his/her admission will be cancelled.
- If a candidate expects the result of Class 12th/Equivalent qualifying examination to be declared after 25th June 2014 by the examining body, the candidate is advised not to attempt JEE.
- Candidates whose result of Class 12th /equivalent qualifying examination is not available by 25th June 2014 will not be considered for allotment of All India Ranking of JEE Main 2014.
- The marks of Class 12th /equivalent qualifying examination will be displayed on the website of JEE Main during the second week of June 2014. The candidates have to verify these marks and confirm it on the website. In case of any discrepancy, the candidates should upload the copy of the mark-sheet online only latest by 25th June 2014 on JEE Main website.
- In case of change in qualifying examination marks due to re-totaling/verification/result revision, the candidate should ensure to upload the copy of the revised mark-sheet online only latest by 25th June 2014 on JEE Main website. The revised mark-sheet will not be accepted after 25th June 2014 for whatsoever reason.
- The candidates are advised to retain the same mobile number and email-id in use which they have furnished in the application form because the important information may be given to the candidates through SMS or e-mail. The candidates are advised to have their own personal email id.
All correspondence related to JEE Main–2014 should be addressed to:
The Executive Director, JEE Main,
Central Board of Secondary Education,
Plot no. 482. F.I.E., Industrial Area,
Patparganj, Delhi-110 092.
- The application no. printed on the computer generated Acknowledgement Page must be mentioned in all such correspondences. It is therefore essential to note down the application number printed on the Acknowledgement Page.